Myanmar, India, Vietnam, Indonesia
While Luminous Journeys small group, all inclusive photo tours invariably run smoothly and improve portfolios markedly, sometimes your dates won’t match with ours, or you just want to spend more one-on-one time with one of our pros. That’s where the multi-day, private photo tour option comes in. LJ is now very pleased to offer private photo tours not only in our home base of Myanmar, but in India, Indonesia, and Vietnam as well. (For one day private tours, go here.)
The procedure is a bit different for private photo adventures, and it’s laid out for you at the bottom of the page. Initially all you need to do is contact us with what you have in mind in terms of the overall photography and locations, and likely dates. If you have a budget you want to stay under, please mention that as well. The more detailed you are, the better we will be able to serve you. A brief introduction followed by numbered bullet points and questions are a GREAT IDEA, as opposed to scattering them throughout a long body of text. This will be very well appreciated. We will do the same with our response.
Please note that all inclusive, multi-day private photography tours can be significantly more expensive than our publicly offered, small group trips. Prices can range from about $550 – $800 USD per day per person depending on your choice of country, style of travel, number of participants, and professional photographer. Compare this with the cost of many other publicly offered group photo tours, and you’ll see that even at the higher end $800 is quite reasonable.
“My private Myanmar photo tour workshop with the wonderful Boothee Thaik Htun was absolutely EVERYTHING I could have hoped for. Not only is he an exceptional photographer and leader, but a lovely genuine guy. He’s extremely easy-going and so willing to go above and beyond the call to ensure that you have a good time, a good shoot, feel happy, comfortable, relaxed — but also challenged enough to learn and even go out of your comfort zone trying new techniques.
So I can say without a shadow of doubt that Boothee and Luminous Journeys met and exceeded my expectations and hopes for this tour. It is a trip that will not only remain in my heart forever, but which has left me with a desire to return, not only to a beautiful country but to see a beautiful friendly face again. So thank you and all your team for putting together such a fantastic private photo tour of Myanmar. I shall treasure these memories a lifetime.” – Jayne Rose, UK
Multi-day private photo tours with top Burmese photographers are available year round, subject to certain destination restrictions than can occur during the June – October period. Our Myanmar home is Yangon.
2 – 4 day private photo tours with Swarup Chatterjee are available year round, subject to seasonal conditions and photographer availability. Longer tours are possible on a limited basis. Our India base is Mumbai.
Multiday, private photo tour workshops with Nguyen Vu Phuoc are available year round, subject to seasonal conditions and photographer availability. Our Vietnam base is Saigon.
Multiday, private photo tour workshops with Rarindra Prakarsa are available year round, subject to seasonal conditions and photographer availability. Our Indonesia base is Jakarta.
1. Contact us for a complimentary consultation
2. If you wish to go forward, you’ll be sent a series of questions to help us design your photo tour to fit your desires
3. Based on your answers, we will send you an outline of your photo tour with price estimate
4. On approval, we will send you a Paypal request for a non-refundable $500 engagement fee on tours 6 days or less, $1,000 on tours longer than 6 days. This fee will be credited to the cost of your tour
5. A detailed itinerary and cost quote will be prepared and sent to you
6. If you request changes, up to more 3 drafts are included (certain changes may incur higher costs)
7. On your approval, 50% of the tour cost will be due, less the engagement fee
8. Final balance will be due 60 days prior to tour start date. If booking is made 60 days or less from tour start date, all monies are due at time of booking. There are no refunds inside of 60 days. Therefore Trip Cancellation insurance is highly recommended.